Monday, December 27, 2010

"I find careful patterns on the snow," Snow Patrol.

I'm on a train to the metropolis in the middle of nowhere where when I look left, or right, there is snow everywhere. My world at this present state, is covered with white miracle. And well, Vampire Weekend singing 'Run' to me:

"We mostly work to live, until we live to work. She said, "You know there's nowhere else to go". But changing roles, it struck me that the two of us could run... Cause honey with you, is the only honest way to go. I could take two, if I could ever really know. Cause honey with you, and a battered radio" Vampire Weekend.

It struck to me just when I sat in between strangers, and if I were to go to the loo, who would I trust with my (general) personal belongings like my book?

And so happens, I suspect a stranger near me is from homeland. Would I strike a conversation, and assume trust?

If I were to trust this fellow (assumed) Malaysian, would it be because of our common nationality/ethnicity? Wouldn't I then be in some way, ethnocentric?

An elderly lady next to me, whom I've talked generally to, is reading a book. By some manner, she should be containing, warming and in a way, more trusting. But why, isn't my psyche/gut/impulse telling me she is the more trusting candidate?

(Is it even right to call them candidates for Trust?)

But those are the more general stuff, like material possessions that can be replaced.

What about matters of the heart and the immaterial parts of you? To whom do you trust them with?

And if so, how did the assumed trust begin?



Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: